Picture of the month

Picture of the month
Sunrise in Thailand

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Blue-winged Pitta in Singapore

April 23,2011. He is back in Orchard Road.

It was 11:45 pm this evening that I took the usual walk with my dog. As I approached a  fruiting palm tree near my apartment, I heard sound of flapping wings . I looked up and saw a bat flying off.  When I return, another flapping sound emerged above me. I said to myself " it must be another hungry bat eating the palm fruit ".  I looked up and saw a flying object perched on a water pipe . To my surprise, it was a Blue-winged Pitta. 

I took my camera and flash. I saw the bird still perching on the pipe but it flew away before I could take a snap. Could it be the same Blue-winged Pitta that came to our apartment last week ? 


Blue-winged Pitta parting shot

No comments:

Post a Comment